CBD Edibles are a Valentine's Indulgence | Popped.NYC
CBD Edibles Redefine Chocolate Covered Strawberries
People love to declare their love with food; chocolate and cacao take it the affair to the next level. The Popped.NYC team is here to put a mindful spin on this holiday with DIY CBD Edibles Infused Chocolate Covered Strawberries. All you need is 3 simple ingredients, a bowl, and a microwave.INGREDIENTS
- 2 bars of the Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Pound Plus Dark Chocolate bar. They are 16 ounces each so you can use 1.5 bars for the kids and honey, and the other 8 ounces you can eat while you are standing by the window with your back to the family.
- 1 2-lb box of strawberries. I don't know why everyone is so stuck on strawberries. The sky is the limit people, cover everything in chocolate! My ideas? Blueberries, graham crackers. marshmallows. All of it!
- 2mL of CBD oil. That's 17mg of our regular strength and 34mg of our extra strength - or 1 of our $5minis!
- Set up a parchment lined baking sheet. If you don't have that you can use paper towels or a thin dish towel. but then you have to clean it after so I'm not really sure which is the more eco-friendly way to go. Maybe compostable paper? Is parchment compostable?
- Rinse your strawberries and cut off the tops. I'm so sick of having to nibble around the stem.
- Pat them dry - otherwise the chocolate is going to fall right off. Don't be lazy, you will thank me later.
- Melt your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium heat in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals.
- Take out of microwave when almost completely melted.
- Pour in CBD isolate and mix into chocolate until fully incorporated.
- Dip strawberries individually into mixture, coating all sides. Let drip for two seconds to remove excess chocolate. Place on baking parchment.
- Place strawberries in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes or until chocolate is hardened.
- Be sure to lick the bowl!